(click on underlined titles for links to published papers, reports, and resources)
- Enhancing science culture in agricultural research institutions
- Big data analytics for climate smart agriculture
- Advancing high resolution drought monitoring, prediction, and management capabilities in India
- Machine learning approaches to high resolution drought monitoring and prediction
- Machine learning approaches to high resolution monitoring of surface water bodies
- Open source GIS integrated data and modelling platform for groundwater security
- High resolution remote sensing and big data technologies for implementing Pradhan Mantri Phasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY ) at Gram Panchayat (GP or village cluster)
- Technology landmarks in agricultural research in India – A historical synthesis of key technologies developed by ICAR and their scaling nationwide
Research Projects Completed
Learning and capacity building – Sub project of ICAR’s World Bank supported National Agricultural Innovation Project (NAIP) (Partners: NAARM (Lead institution); IIM Lucknow, MANAGE Hyderabad, NIRD&PR, Hyderabad). Project focus is on design of learning strategies, resources and capacity building programmes to develop a pool of new leadership and professionals with enhanced knowledge, skills and abilities critical to sustain global competitive advantage of India’s National Agricultural Research System (NARS) in a market driven environment.
Agricultural hydrology and water management: Analytical models of groundwater recharge systems; soil water balance models; Simulation and optimization models for irrigation systems management; GIS- surface water-groundwater integrated models for ground water resource assessments, conjunctive use of canal water and groundwater, and non-point source (fertilizer) pollution of groundwater.
Climate change, sustainable agriculture and food and water security: Indicators and Indices of sustainability, vulnerability and adaptive capacity; climate change impacts on food and water security; Spatial targeting of research priorities
Information technology in agricultural development: ICT Frameworks for closed and open agricultural supply chains; adapting to Digital Agriculture; Policy implications.
Geospatial Information and Knowledge Systems: Design of GIS based decision support systems and knowledge systems for: agricultural development; Climate Information systems; Agribusiness supply chains and retail; policy implications.
Intellectual property policies and Technology Management: IP and Technology Management policy and institutional frameworks for public agricultural research systems; Design of Post Graduate Programme in Technology management in agriculture.
Nanotechnology in agriculture: Framework comprising patent and bibliographic databases and analytical tools for assessing potential and impacts of integrating nanotechnology in agri-food systems research: agricultural value chains, food security, agribiotechnology, climate change mitigation, water quality, etc; and research and technology management policies of public agricultural research systems.
Agribusiness management: Agribusiness education status, standards and curricula; eCommerce in agribusiness; agribusiness scenario assessment; GIS applications in agribusiness supply chains and retail.
Agricultural research planning, organizational leadership, strategy and change management: Making the transition to institutional leadership; Priority setting, monitoring and evaluation; Agricultural research policy and strategy; Public research Governance; Writing effective research proposals and scientific papers; enhancing research culture.